Come work with us: We’re looking for a Communications Manager!
Right Livelihood is looking for a full-time Communications Manager. The role will be based in our Stockholm office and will assist with English-language communications and media outreach in Scandinavia.
About Right Livelihood
Right Livelihood is a courage-powered community for social change. Each year, we present the Right Livelihood Award. By recognising the actions of brave visionaries, the Award boosts urgent and long-term social change. 186 Laureates from 73 countries have received the distinction to date. We have offices in Stockholm and Geneva.
Purpose of the role
To help boost the profile of Right Livelihood, we are looking for an experienced communications professional to assist with English-language communications and media outreach in Scandinavia. As an integral part of a small but growing international team, this role will require both autonomy and strong teamwork in order to meet organisational needs. You will report to the Head of Communications.
- Coordinating press outreach around Right Livelihood Laureates in Scandinavia, while also assisting with press work globally
- Writing and editing press releases and other communications materials
- Drafting social media posts
- Producing original content about Laureates
Required experience and qualifications
- Native-level communications skills in English
- More than 5 years of professional experience with press work
- Professional writing and editing experience in English
- Experience with the Swedish and Scandinavian news markets
Desirable experience and qualifications
- Understanding of the work of Right Livelihood Laureates
- Professional working proficiency in Swedish
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Communications Manager is a full-time position on a two-year contract. The position is based at our head office in Stockholm and requires occasional travel. Right Livelihood has a collective bargaining agreement with Akademikerförbundet SSR and UNIONEN in Sweden.
Starting date: August 1, 2022, or earlier.
How to apply
We use a competency-based process for this recruitment. Therefore, you will not be asked to attach your CV or a cover letter to your application. Instead, we will ask you to complete the online application form accessed through the link below and to submit a work sample (instructions for the work sample are outlined in the application form).
If you have further questions about the position, please contact the Head of Communications, Emoke Bebiak at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is extended to midnight Sunday May 22, 2022.
Learn more about us here!